Digital Detox: A Day Without Social Media

 

https://nihadmahouni.medium.com/challenge-1-no-social-media-for-30-days-e39fd5441073


Today I decide not to use any social media. When I work up in the morning, I felt the unwillingness of doing school works. The reason is that I usually watch social media for a few minutes when I open my eyes every morning. Besides, I used to listen to the voice from videos while studying because that can cheer me up. Then I lay on my bed while worrying about upcoming deadlines of assignments for an hour. However, I still got down of the bed and start doing homework because I thought I should start working instead of being anxious. 

The most apparent advantage without social media is that I can study more efficiently than usual. More assignments were done from my plan list. I realize I used to scroll pages from an app while studying. At first, I decided to find some information that related to the assignment but I couldn't help to visit other messages and forgot the assignment I was focusing on. 

I also found the feeling of helpless because I couldn't use food delivery apps, shopping apps, and other apps that related to daily life support. Technology has been covered in our daily life. I tried to leave the social media but I couldn't leave it completely. 

Comments