The Collision of Technology and Fine Art

 


https://jingculturecommerce.com/google-arts-and-culture-klimt-ai/


This week's class Ariel made a presentation of the power of AR and VR, and how these technologies involve into people's daily life. The most impressive thing I have learnt during this presentation is a video that introduced several artists cooperate social media companies. These artists apply their art styles into AR so that viewers can see these artistic effects from buildings. This attempt looked really bold and interesting for me. However, I had a concern of whether these AR effects might cause opposition in some places.

I was wondering if I could apply AR effects on some historic buildings in my country. My country also has a number of well-known artists. However, adding AR effects on historic buildings sounds impossible. 


https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/technology/augmented-reality-online-shopping.html


I have an expectation that AR technology will become a new medium for contemporary artists in the future. Artists would apply their art styles to AR forms and install artworks in certain places, which are actually set up on a digital platform. Viewers would see these artworks as they scan the place by phone. Contemporary art with AR sounds like the combination of video art and public art. 

Comments